Peliknya kalau jadi mak but never sings to anak...i kinda love this number by Yuna..this is the "lullaby" that i always sing to Maryam... what is/are your favourite song to sing for the lilttle one? Well, aside from the zikir and everything... ;)
Monday, April 23, 2012
|the only brand of brown rice and olive oild available in Arau. tsk...tsk..tsk..|
1.Sejemput beras perang
2.Sebiji Pisang emas
3.Beberapa titik olive oil
~Masak beras perang sampai jadi bubur
~Blend bubur dan pisang until creamy
~Before serving, add a few drops of olive oil
~ SERVE! ;)
a very full baby girl! hahahah...
sorry i don't have complete pictures of the outcome look of my banana brown rice porridge, sebab tak dan nak snap everything or the process. but i guess many of the pro baby solid cooking mama out there can pretty much get the idea how the porridge looks...doesn't look very appealing, but it taste nice...cewahhh!!
Alhamdulillah, Maryam makan agak banyak...considering her age. and i can assure here that, cooking for the baby is soooo worth it, air tangan seorang ibu kan penuh dengan doa, sambil masak tu kan? ;)
Maryam is proven allergic to soy, sebab after she had that rice cereal + her milk, a day later, she had rashes on her hands, legs and her back...panic la mak... whe when to the doctor and the doctor said she might be allergic to some of the ingredients in the cereal...so i had to re-read the label and found traces of soy in it. so i googled, studied a bit on foods that migt pose allergic, and soy is one of it..so, i conclude that she is not suitable with soy..and so, mom has to cook her all the homemade foods....
Alhamdulillah, she is fine eating brown rice and banana...she hates eating just the fruits puree..i have to add somethng with her fruits puree baru dia laju makan...tekak orang Melayu kot...mesti nak makan nasik...heheheh...
Thursday, April 12, 2012
- Loss of tongue-thrust reflex - checked kot! hahaha...
- turning away from the bottle or breast - err... she's hungry all the time, how can she turn away from her milk? haha..
- Ability to sit up and hold head up unassisted - checked!
- Interest in your food ( not sure cos we don't eat in front of her, but she tries to grasp everything from our hands) so... checked! ;)
- Doubling of birth weight - checked!!!
- Frequently waking in the middle of the night - checked!
|maktok suap - mom snap pics byk2, maryam ingnore the camera~ lapaq~|
see...she is so ready eventhough she is only 5 months! she can swallow very well, in fact, she ate like a pro! MashaAllah..i rasa kagum tengok dia makan. she is one hungry girl. i was sceptical to introduce her to solid food but my mak assured me when she observed Maryam. to be honest, i had this mental calculation that i would only introduce my baby to food when she reached a standard age- 6 months. but i guess, she cannot wait anymore. i started notice some differences after Maryam was dischaged from hospital, she kept wanting for more milk.every 1 and a half hour she would cry for milk again...she could finish 5oz every time. and that got me thingking, why is she always hungry? i'm not sure maybe becase she just recovered (although not fully) from her bronchitis, but since my mak said "try bagi dia cereal tengok, kalu dia tolak makna dia tak ready nak makan"
Yes, i know, we should feed a baby with real food instead of an instant one. i just wanted to be sure first since she is 5 months. so, bedal laa... saja nk experiment. skali suap, dia makin nganga, and makin rakus sampai tarik2 bowl...and she ate A LOT! i guess, it is official, MARYAM IS READY TO EAT.
now, i am a bit panic cos i planned to buy steamer with blender and stuffs to cook her solid foods next month. hahh...ambik...anak dah lapaq, begegas la pi supermaket C-mart Arau ( the only supermaket ok) cari mangkuk, sudu bagai... dalam otak cewah, dok plan nak beli feeder newby la, MAM la, mangkuk baby jenama2 la...last2... aku beli jenama OK BABY saja. that's the best i could do. hahahah...
|berkenalan dengan sudu dan mangkuk dulu|
Maryam..Maryam..naseb lah, dapat mak yang rigid nih...nk tunggu 6 bulan la sangat...okay, i promise to cook her a real food next week. takot pulak nak terus tukar ke puree. i think i should finish the 4 day rule dulu...bagi dia selesai with her instant cereal 4-5 hari ni, then we move on to puree,
ahh..seronok tengok anak tahu menelan makanan dengan baik! heaven~
p.s : tak tahan ayat nak tunggu ada steamer & blender baru nak masak...apa daaa... *alasan* pfftt...
Friday, April 6, 2012
At the age of 5 months, my baby loves :
- PLAYING! yeah...she can hold her toys and loves holding toys so much.
- put everything inside her mouth and munch away! hui...yang ni bahaya..pantang lepa dia ambik semua masuk mulut.
- Watcing TV and baby VCD. her current favourite is DVD entitled " a day with baby bright"
- SCREAMING at the top of her lungs! adeh...1 rumah suara Maryam saja...but when she was sick recently, she lost her voice completely...that was the hardest part to see her kept quite. luluh hati.
- ROLLING..but not so actively la sebab Maryam mcm berat punggung sikit..ikot mood dia...but when she starts rolling, it's the cutest part to see...
- Looking around and observe...if anything catches her attention, she'll scream again! hahaha...
- PEOPLE. yep..she loves being around people. she hates to be left unattended...mula bising mulut tu panggil2 orang. and she is very easy to adapt to new people...kadang i wonder, anak aku ni sikit tak takot orang...dia ingat semua yg perempuan mak dia kot???
- WATER. i plan to intyroduce her to swimming soon when she is clear with her bronchitis problem. she definitel love her bath time, she gets all excited, giggles and scream, and grin all the way during mandi...
|helppp!! let me out! let me out! let me outtttt!|
Dear my lil' darling baby,
mom LOVES you too much! get well soon... we will fight that bad, bad bronchitis together!! xoxo..
Wednesday, April 4, 2012
Maryam was admitted into Putra Medical Center for a week. and i just had to ask for early discharge because of work commitment that is 100% unavoided. i really feel like a terrible mother. and if my baby needs to be re-admit by the end of this week, i redha...
her blood test, urine test, x-tray, all came out NORMAL. Alhamdulillah...
BUT, she was dignosed of acute bronchitis... and yes, she got the infected virus from the nursery....
currently, she still has to repeat the nebulizer sessions as out patient 3 times a day. and i am very nervous to know the result this sunday, whether my baby is doing any better or otherwise.
it breaks my heart to see her sick... and i don't feel like sharing what she went through at the hospital during her treatment...all i could say, i just wish i got sick not her....